SVCA is seeking to fill eight (8) seasonal Lifeguard positions (two of whom would be Leads), beginning the second week of July. Required training will begin prior to that date.
These positions are open to individuals 16 and older, and Lifeguard certification training will be provided for non-certified applicants. Certified individuals will be given preference.
Weekend availability is required.
- Open the pool each day and close it down each evening, depending on schedule and hours
- Treat the pool with appropriate concentration of chemicals on a regular schedule
- Monitor pool-related activities closely throughout shift and identify any safety issues
- Direct swimmers out of the pool in hazardous conditions
- Monitor weather reports closely to ensure safety of guests
- Organize and oversee pool parties
- Provide swimming lessons and swim team coaching when available
- Maintain a clean environment in and around the pool
- Provide assistance to patrons when appropriate or necessary
PREFERRED LIFEGUARD SKILLS
- Current and valid American Red Cross Life Guard certification
- First Aid and CPR certifications
- Ability to pass pre-employment practical skills test in the water
- Experience teaching swim lessons or coaching swim team highly desirable
- Flexible schedule required
- Paid Lifeguard Certification
- $200 bonus for individuals completing the whole season.
- $13 per hour for Lifeguards, $13.50 for Lead Lifeguards
Please contact admin at email@example.com to apply!