2022 Special General Meeting & Recall Elections

August 13, 2022 at 1:00 PM

At the Sudden Valley Community Center (Dance Barn) and remote via Zoom

How to Attend the Meeting

Attend In Person

A Special General Meeting of the Sudden Valley Community Association (SVCA) will be held at the Dance Barn located within Sudden Valley on Saturday, August 13, 2022, at 1:00 PM.

Attend by Live Zoom Webinar

Webinar ID: 814 2092 7547

Please use the link below to join the webinar:


Or One tap mobile :
    US: +12532158782,,81420927547#  or +16699009128,,81420927547#

Or Telephone:
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location)

US: +1 253 215 8782  or +1 669 900 9128  or +1 346 248 7799  or +1 669 444 9171  or +1 646 931 3860  or +1 301 715 8592  or +1 312 626 6799  or +1 386 347 5053  or +1 564 217 2000  or +1 646 558 8656

    International numbers available: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdvgdwtIQe

Observe Live on YouTube

Our channel can be found at www.suddenvalley.com/youtube.

Recall Petition Results & Analysis

On June 15, 2022 the SVCA Nominations & Elections (N&E) Committee Chair collected three
recall petitions from the SVCA attorney’s office in Bellingham, where the petitions had been left
by person(s) wishing to remain anonymous.

During the N&E Committee’s petition verification process, it became apparent the number of
valid signatures on each of the petitions would be very close to the minimum number required
for a successful petition. A successful recall petition requires signatures of 10% of the
property owners. However, a successful recall election to remove a director requires a “yes”
vote from 2/3 (66.67%) of the voting property owners.

In the end, two petitions succeeded and one petition failed in reaching minimum number of signatures to trigger a recall election.

Petition results:

Petition to recall Board President, Director Andrew (A.J.) Tischleder

  • 321 valid signatures
  • 313 minimum required
  • Petition succeeded

Petition to recall Board Vice-President, Director Joshua Bowens

  • 310 valid signatures
  • 313 minimum required
  • Petition failed

Petition to recall Board Treasurer, Director Sonia Wold (Sonia Voldt)

  • 318 valid signatures
  • 313 minimum required
  • Petition succeeded

Petition analysis:

Gates 1&2 contributed 66% of the petition signatures. The remaining 34% of signatures were contributed by Gates 3,5,9,13 & 28.

Two of the recall petitions go forward to a Special General Meeting(SGM) and recall election. The two recall elections and SGM will cost SVCA members over $16,000.
~Nancy Alyanak, SVCA Nominations & Elections Committee Chair

SVCA Board President Tishleder’s
Special General Meeting Announcement

On Tuesday, June 14th, petitions for the recall of 3 SVCA executive board directors were
dropped off at the Association’s law firm. On Wednesday, June 15th, these were retrieved by
Board President A.J. Tischleder and N&E chair, Nancy Alyanak.

As per the bylaws, the president is required to hold an SGM for any legal petitions with
signatures from at least 10% of all members–or 313. After careful vetting and recounting as a
result of slim margins, the N&E committee found that two petitions had enough valid signatures
to move forward. A.J. Tischleder (321) and Sonia Voldt (318) will go forward. A third, Josh
Bowens (310) did not have the required number of signatures.

A voting packet will be sent by mail and the recall SGM will be held on August 13, 2022.
Further information about the process will be forthcoming from the N&E committee.

~Andrew “AJ” Tischleder, SVCA Board President