The Sudden Valley Community Association’s Maintenance Staff will again be operating the Community Clean Green station for residents this summer.
The purpose of Sudden Valley’s Clean Green program is to provide Sudden Valley residents with a local area to dispose of compostable vegetation. The site will be open every other Saturday starting May 2nd. The schedule and opening times for the 2020 season is listed below. Special guidelines will be in place to observe social distancing:
- In order to keep staff and residents 6 feet apart, residents will not be charged for the service. Staff will direct traffic and unloading from a distance.
- Only one resident’s vehicle will be allowed to remove clean green material onto a composting pile at a time. Staff will monitor but not assist.
- A resident will only be able to bring one load of material to the site each Saturday. This is to keep the site from being overloaded as we will not be processing vegetation and tree debris the day they are unloaded.
- Staff will not operate equipment at the site during Clean Green Saturday. The sorting and chipping will take place later.
- Wood chips are not available at this time. What the crew does chip during Firewise is delivered as soon as it is chipped and there is still a long list to go.
New Clean Green Location: Area Z is overflowing with brush and decomposing wood chips from past Clean Green events. For 2020, the Clean Green drop-off location will be across from the Gate 5 entrance.
Mixing of vegetation listed below cannot be accepted:
- Tree limbs and trees must be separated from other vegetation
- Grass sod and yard dirt must be separate from other vegetation.
Maintenance is often asked what size trees and tree limbs can be disposed of during Clean Green. The following is a general guide:
- Tree limbs up to 7 inches in diameter, no length limit. The longer the better.
- Tree trunks up to 7 inches in diameter, no length limit.
The SVCA Clean Green program is solely dedicated to “compostable vegetation”. Items which CANNOT be accepted include: construction materials, chemicals and paints, batteries, electronics, household trash, plastic, glass, furniture, appliances, etc.
Wood chips will be available again this year on a first-come, first-served basis. Residents can load their own chips for free or Maintenance will use a front-end loader to fill a trailer or truck for a fee of $10.00 per vehicle load.
Hours Open: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM.
Clean Green Planned Dates
Saturday, May 2 Saturday, August 8
Saturday, May 16 Saturday, August 22
Saturday, May 30 Saturday, September 12
Saturday, June 13 Saturday, September 26
Saturday, June 27
Saturday, July 11
Saturday, July 25
For more information, or if you have questions, please call the Maintenance Manager at (360) 724-8000.