Community Center Hours: “Week Days” From 5am – 9pm & “Weekends” From 10am-6pm w/ Sudden Valley Access Card
Fitness Center Use Q&A
I’m a renter, can I still use the gym?
What kind of machines/equipment are available?
All equipment that was unable to be separated six feet apart or able to be moved away from other equipment has been marked off. There will be free weights, cardio (treadmill/elliptical), multipurpose room A will have rowing, stair stepper and stationary bikes. There will be caution tape on the equipment that is not to be used, these pieces of equipment have been chosen based off of social distancing ability within the fitness center. We will be able to open more equipment when restrictions ease further than the current 50 square feet per person rule.
What is the process when I walk in?
- If this is your first time visiting the Rec Center, we will have you sign an injury waiver at the front desk, get your temperature taken, then you will receive a disinfectant spray bottle and rag for cleaning equipment.
- If you’re returning to the Rec Center, please check in for your appointment at the front desk and get your temperature taken to receive a disinfectant spray bottle and rag for cleaning equipment.
What are the sanitation procedures?
- Disinfectant spray bottles will be given to patrons when they come to the front desk to check in along with a cleaned towel to spray and wipe down machines after use where they have touched.
- Machines will be clean and disinfected before patrons come into the gym.
- Patrons will be required to spray and wipe down equipment after use.
- Staff will be cleaning and disinfecting before opening and in between time slots, with a deep clean in the middle of the day.
- Patrons must bring in their own personal towel to wipe sweat off, as our towel service has been suspended.
Do I need to bring anything?
Please bring a mask and a towel if you need one to use on yourself. Disposable face masks will be available if you forget, but towels for personal use will not be provided.
What are the Fitness Center rules?
You can read the full Rules for the Fitness Center here, which can be found on pages 7-9 in the Community Center Handbook which you can find here, but here are the basics:
- Athletic pants/shorts, socks, t-shirts, indoor sneakers, and other specific athletic clothing is considered appropriate attire. Please do not wear outdoor shoes inside.
- Please wipe down your equipment after you are finished using it.
- Sudden Valley is not responsible for any lost or stolen property.
- Direction of any Recreation Department staff must be followed, or staff will ask the patron to leave the facility and/or alert Security.
- SVCA reserves the right to deny further use of all facilities to any individuals who violate center rules, regulations, guidelines, policies, or procedures.
- Minors ages 14 and above may use all the Community Center facilities independently with a completed Injury Waiver signed by a legal guardian or parent. It is recommended the minor complete a Fitness Center orientation with SVCA Recreation staff.
- Minors ages 12 and 13 may use the Fitness Center if accompanied by a responsible adult; must have completed Injury Waiver signed by legal guardian or parent.
Are the locker rooms open?
Yes, the locker rooms are open now!