July 4th at the Marina – Bring lawn chairs – bring your American Flags
Tomorrow, this year’s SVCA July 4th begins at 4 PM with a Member’s only (free) BBQ and ice cream social held on the Marina Tennis Court. From the 4 PM start time until 8 PM, members can try their hands at a Corn Hole & Horse Shoe contests with prizes. Face painting for all ages. Disc Golf will be set up offering members the opportunity to try their hand at a great sport. Find your center by working your way through a meditative labyrinth. For adult refreshments, El Agave will be set up with a beer garden and will also be selling BBQ.
To keep us all entertained, we will have a Monolith 5 Climber Rock Climbing Wall staffed with operators to help children of all ages to gear up and safely climb to the top. Challenge your friends, this allows 5 climbers at a time to race to the top. There is a one-time $2.00 fee for seniors and children 12 and under and a $5.00 fee for all others. With 5 stations, this unit can handle 100 people an hour.
At 8:00 pm we will transition to hosting a fireworks area at the Marina park where members can discharge their own legal fireworks until 11:00 pm.
There will be some significant changes this year from past events for reasons of everyone’s safety.
- No alcohol will be allowed at the Marina Park after 8 PM.
- Non-residents will be charged $5.00 admission.
- Safety will be enforced; unsafe behavior will be grounds for being requested to leave the park.
- A Deputy Sherriff will be in attendance for the duration of the event as will additional Security staff.
- Volunteers will monitor and control entry points to have members/ guests enter through one location.
- The Spit will be off limits to fireworks.
- The Fire Marshal and trained staff will inspect all fireworks at entrance; non-legal fireworks denied access.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult; group entrances will not be allowed.