New Budgeting Process for 2020
In an effort to ensure a transparent process, educate the community, and maximize member input and participation, Sudden Valley Management is adopting a new budgeting process for developing the 2020 Budget. Each manager will present their departmental budget justifications directly first to the Finance Committee, and then to the Board of Directors, over the course of 2 Special Finance Committee Meetings and 2 Special Board of Directors Meetings. All department managers will be present at all 4 meetings. Community members are encouraged to attend; however, these will be work sessions only and Property Owner Comments will not be permitted. The meetings will be very interactive with changes made to the budget displayed live and in real-time on a projection screen. The budget presentations will be recorded and livestreamed for those unable to attend the meetings. It’s never been easier for residents to be informed.
Two dedicated Town Hall meetings will be scheduled after the BOD presentation in July and before the final vote on August 29th. Community members are invited to engage in this process and to provide their feedback on the proposed 2020 Budget. One will be held on a weekday evening, and the other will be held on a weekend.
Special Finance Committee Meeting – Capital and Operations Budget Presentation
- Day 1 of 2 – Tuesday, June 11th at 6:30 p.m. in the Dance Barn
- Day 2 of 2 – Wednesday, June 12th at 6:30 p.m. in the Dance Barn
Wednesday, June 19th – Finance Committee Meeting: Final Budget Presentation
Special BOD Meeting – Capital and Operations Budget Presentation
- Day 1 of 2 – Wednesday, July 10th at 7:00 p.m. in the Dance Barn
- Day 2 of 2 – Thursday, July 11th at 7:00 p.m. in the Dance Barn
- 1st Town Hall – Budget & Ballot Measure Presentation – date/location tbd
- 2nd Town Hall – Budget & Ballot Measure Presentation – date/location tbd
Thursday, August 29th – BOD Meeting: Vote on Budget, approve AGM agenda, ballot, and explanations