As we are all aware, at 5:30pm on March 23rd, Governor Inslee put into effect a “Stay at Home” Proclamation entreating Washington’s 7.5 million residents to Stay at Home for at least two weeks as the state tries to slow the growing spread of the novel coronavirus.
Inslee announced that non-essential businesses shut down, and HOA’s that provide emergency repairs, public safety and security, member assistance, etc. are deemed essential. With that said, below are the changes to SVCA’s operations effective immediately:
- The Golf course was closed down effective 8am this morning
- The Pro Shop will close end of business today
- Disk golf and the Camp Ground are closed
- The Marina is closed and gate arms are locked
- The Community Center is fully closed, except for providing free lunches from the school during limited hours. Key Rec employees are working from home effective 3/25
- Restrooms on the golf course and marina are closed, and they will be getting a deep cleaning over the next few days
- Administrative Office employees are all working remotely except the ASM who will manage the front office phones, member requirements, and will supply at-home workers with on-site assistance. Office hours will be 9:00am – 4:00pm M-F.
- The General Manager will remain on-site overseeing all Operations
- Accounting will operate a staggered schedule both telecommuting and on-site to ensure both task completion and mandatory social distancing
- Maintenance will still be working on roads, cleaning and daily general maintenance of the facilities, operating with only one person per vehicle
- Turf care will be running small crews to maintain daily cutting operations, limiting one person on the course at any time
- The SVCA Mechanic will operate on an on-call basis
- The Public Safety Manager has temporarily relocated his command center to the Admin building
- Security staffing remains unchanged
- All other staff who can work from home will be doing so
- All Board, Committee, and Staff Meetings will be held remotely
- ALL individuals remaining on-site will practice MANDATORY social distancing, recommended sanitation of hands and all handled items such as phones, keyboards, door handles, etc.
These times are unprecedented. They have not been seen in our lifetime, or in any generation before us. We are doing our absolute best to keep this Community and those who work here safe and well, and your support and understanding are greatly appreciated during this most difficult time.