SVCA is hiring FOUR Seasonal Maintenance Workers!
This position provides seasonal support to the Maintenance Department by performing maintenance on the Sudden Valley Community Association’s road infrastructure. The incumbent is a direct report to the Maintenance Manager between April 1, 2019 and September 7, 2019, working a 40-hour week from Monday through Friday. Some overtime and weekend support is required.
Primary duties based on seasonal schedules:
• Traffic control/flagging
• Road side branch and tree removal
• Re-establishing road side storm water systems
• Vegetation reduction
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Maintenance Manager or designee.
• Pass the Washington State Flagger Certification course
• Valid Washington State driver’s license
• Able to pass a criminal background check
• Able to pass drug test
• Ability to work within a public environment in courteous and friendly manner
• Drive vehicles rated up to 1-ton capacity
• Work efficiently with a teamed crew
• Works 90% of the work day outdoors or in a non-environmentally controlled facility.
• Works in close vicinity of loud/noisy equipment
• Ability to read, write and understand the English language as applicable to the interpretation of work crew instructions, safe working practices around powered equipment and safe traffic control procedures.
• Ability to perform basic math (add, subtract multiply and divide) in whole and fractional numbers.
• Lift up to 50 lbs. 80% of the work day.
• Routinely lift, bend/stoop and twist during the work day.
• Routinely stands for four to six hours.
• Operate small handheld gas operated tools (string trimer, backpack blower, etc.)
• Company paid Flagger Certification course, personal protection equipment.
• Paid Sick Leave
Apply for this position by sending a resume and a brief description to email@example.com about how you’d be a great fit for our team!