Tag Archives: 4th of July
Fire Marshal’s 4th of July Press Release
The following press release was originally posted on the Whatcom County website:
July 4th Fireworks Safety Rules
When: 7/4/19 from 8:00 a.m. (nominal) until 11:30 p.m.
Where: Sudden Valley Marina (Fireworks Launch Areas)
What: Safety Rules for Fireworks at Sudden Valley Marina. The following rules will be in place for the July 4th Fireworks event:
Fireworks will only be authorized in the designated area ONLY.
- Legal Fireworks ONLY
- Dogs are prohibited from the marina dog park area from Noon on July 4th until the event ends at 11:30 p.m.
- Consumption of Alcohol is PROHIBITED in the fireworks launch area. Failure to abide by this requirement will lead to being escorted out of the event area – and potentially out of the marina.
- Minors will be allowed to light fireworks in the designated “kids” area (Kids area is where parents/guardians and younger children discharge fireworks)
- Blatant disregard for safety (i.e. pointing fireworks toward the viewing area, etc.) or violation of a declared Burn Ban will lead to expulsion from the marina.
- NOTE – These rules will be placed on a poster-sized display and will be posted at the INSPECTION area.
Contact: Norm Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fireworks for July 4th
Time: 7:00 p.m. inspection booth opens (located near the marina bathhouse)
Where: Sudden Valley Marina Inspection Booth (located near the marina bathhouse)
What: Below are the listings of legal fireworks and prohibited fireworks as published by the Washington State Patrol. The team conducting the inspection of fireworks into the event area will use this diagram. Those attempting to bring prohibited fireworks will be asked to dispose of those pyrotechnics or to depart the event.
Sudden Valley Celebrates: 4th of July a Day at the Park
Marina Dog Park Schedule for 4th of July
The Marina dog park will be closed Tuesday 7/3/18, Wednesday 7/4/18,and will reopen Thursday 7/5/18 at 12:00 p.m.
Sudden Valley 4th of July Celebration
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR 4TH OF JULY!
SVCA is in need of two volunteers to help inspect fireworks being brought into the event area on the 4th of July. The hours will be 6:00pm to 8:00pm at the Marina. Your participation is appreciated! Please contact Norm at email@example.com for more information.
Whatcom County: 4th of July Press Release